Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm Going on a Diet----- No More Bullshit

So I got into a fight with my school's administrator about the speech I was going to do at the Dalian City Chinese Lecture Contest. I wanted to do something meaningful and provocative if possible, and at the very least something interesting and personal.

This guy was dead-set on me doing a speech written by some other student entitled "I Love You, Soy Milk and Chinese Donuts."

F U C K <> T H I S <> S H I T

It wasn't until I went ten rounds with this guy that I realized how bullshit my entire situation here is. I'm attending classes that aren't challenging me, hanging out with Chinese college sophomores and Korean exchange students, living in a dump and telling myself everyday "I really want to get started on something meaningful."

Well, you know what? There's no better day to cut out the bullshit than today.

I ain't doing this contest, I'm gonna cut back seriously on the amount of class I attend, and I'm going to start aggressively making moves towards changing my situation.

I'm not doing what I want to be doing right now, and that's gotta change. The problem, of course, is that I don't know exactly what I want to be doing... but I'm ready to clear my head and start focusing my energies on figuring out my priorities and getting my shit together.

What time is?
Game Time.

Let's bust a move.

2 comments:

PoojaV said...

Good for you Jon!

Unknown said...

Your life in China pretty much describes life in a US grad school.
One great big mental masturbation.